Example: You have a firefighter who shoots water from a hose. You use your own particle system and want the flames to be extinguished by it.
- Your own particle systems can be used to nullify/extinguish. The nullify/extinguish effect is done using particle collisions and can be used with any custom particle system.
- First you need to make sure that your particle system:
- Has enabled Collision
- Has collision type-> World
- Has enabled Collision->enable dynamic collisions
- Has enabled Collision->Send collision message
- Add “Particle Nullify” Component to your gameobject which has the particle system.
- Adjust particleNullifyRadius and incrementalPower parameters
- Should be low with high number of particles
- Should be high with a low number of particles.
- Done. Now you can test the effect and adjust the parameters.
- Note that if you don’t have any colliders (triggers don’t count) on your object particles cannot detect collisions. In this case:
- Use the raycast method Nullify/Extinguish Effects with raycast or overlap sphere
- Add a collider with a layer that rigidbodies and other objects do not collide with.