Example Use Case: You want fires to be extinguished by your own water particle system for example for firefighter simulation.
Example in Demo Scene: Interact->Water will extinguish one fire after the demo scene has played for a while.
How to Implement:
- Your own particle systems can be used to extinguish the flame. The extinguish effect is done using particle collisions and can be used with any custom particle system.
- First you need to make sure that your particle system:
- Has enabled Collision
- Has collision type-> World
- Has enabled Collision->enable dynamic collisions
- Has enabled Collision->Send collision message
- Add “Particle Extinguish” Component to your gameobject which has the particle system.
- Adjust particleExtinquishRadius and incrementalPower parameters
- Should be low with high number of particles
- Should be high with a low number of particles.
- Done. Now you can test the effect and adjust the parameters.
- Note that if you don’t have any colliders (triggers don’t count) on your object particles cannot detect collisions. In this case:
- Use the raycast method explained below
- Add a collider with a layer that rigidbodies and other objects do not collide with.