Example Use Case: You are using HDRP/URP, You want a chair to be able to catch up in flames. You want to use a shader provided in the Ignis package for extra touches.
- Select object(s) you want convert in object hierarchy (scene or prefab)
- Can be a parent which holds many LODs or child objects that you want to act as a single flammable object.
- Or can be a single object.
- Right-click -> OAVA-Convert -> Flammable object
- Select materials you want to convert and click yes (can be ctrl+z:d)
- Now objects you had selected have a custom shader (or custom shader is on their children) and script called “Flammable object”
- Place box colliders on the object/children to have precise flame and spreading positions OR Select Flammable Object -> Calculate flammable area -> Object for approximate area around object. If the object is not rectangular it’s usually good to tick “Use Mesh Fire” as well to calculate flames around the mesh.
- Customize the rest of the options.