Install Visual Effects Graph from Package manager:
- Window/Package Manager -> Unity Registry (upper left corner) -> Visual effects graph
Check that everything is working correctly:
- Open HDRP/URP/built-in Demo scene from OAVA-Flame/Scenes
- Press play.
- IF YOU GET ERRORS IN CONSOLE / FLAMES DO NOT RENDER
- Error: Value of name ‘Fire…..” was not found -> Open every OAVA-Flame/VFX/Flame… and close it.
- Shader error in ‘Hidden/VFX/…’ redefinition of ‘PackHeightMap’ -> see FAQ/I am using Visual Effects Graph 10.4.0+…
Use the system:
- Backup materials you want to convert, just in case.
- Select the objects from the hierarchy you want to convert to flammable:
- Press right-click
- Select OAVA-Convert-> Flammable…
- Untick materials you don’t want to burn.
- Press yes
- Voila. Now your object is flammable.
- Set the right settings:
- Add box colliders to your object if it doesn’t have them already.
- Or tick “Calculate flammation area from mesh”. This only works for simple meshes.
- Test out by ticking “Set Fire on Start” on the “Flammable object” script attached to your object